Brake Line & Hose Repair Long Beach
Our trained technicians who can perform brake line and hose repairs quickly and affordably
Schedule Service Now!
Throughout Southern California, vehicle owners rely on their cars, trucks, vans and SUVs on a daily basis. Driving conditions such as heavy traffic or stop and go driving put a lot of pressure on your vehicle’s engine and other components, even when you follow a scheduled maintenance routine.
When your automobile breaks down or is not performing properly, you need an auto repair shop that can handle all makes and models, foreign and domestic to make the necessary repairs, quickly, professionally and at a fair price.
You car’s brakes are one component of your vehicle that should be well maintained, invested in and understood. Having a quality, well-installed and reliable brake system is absolutely vital to the safety of yourself, your passengers and other drivers on the road. Do you have problem with your brake lines and hoses? If so, the Advanced Computer Automotive staff is fully trained to handle any line and hose repair and brake diagnosis needs. ACA technicians know every part of your brake system inside and out. Our full line of brakes and brake repair services is the reason we’re one of California’s brake service leaders.
Brake hoses and lines are the arteries of a car’s brake system. The brake hose is a multi-braided PVA hose reinforced to be compatible with most non-petroleum based brake fluids. A hydraulic brake hose carries fluid pressure from the master cylinder through a steel line at the vehicle frame to the brake caliper or wheel cylinder at the wheel. A brake hose must flex with wheel and suspension movement.
Possible signs of a leak:
- Spongy brakes
- Low fluid level in master cylinder reservoir
- Wet spots on driveway and/or parking area
- Dampness on back of drum brake or caliper
Brake hose replacement is recommended within 5 to 6 years of service and is required undr the following conditions:
- A slow leak in a brake hose can, over time, lose enough fluid to allow air to enter the hydraulic system which will increase the amount of pedal travel to apply the brakes.
- A hose’s performance can be jeopardized by an external leak, internal malfunction or age / deterioration.
- Internal malfunctions can cause a small part of the inner hose liner to become dislodged and act like a one way check valve that will either prevent full brake pressure from getting to a wheel or not allowing the brake pressure to bleed off.
- Either condition will cause uneven braking, exhibited by a “pull” to one side or cause the wheel to drag and not fully release.
Why replace if there is no leak? Rubber brake hoses need to be inspected for age cracks, bulges, swelling or other damage. Brake hoses must be able to withstand pressures that can range from a few hundred pounds per square inch up to almost 2000 pounds per square inch. If a line or hose can’t take the pressure and fails, all braking ability in the affected brake circuit will be lost.
When you need new lines and hoses, Advanced Computer Automotive is ready to help. We will diagnose brake problems accurately the first time and fix brake pads to OEM standard.
The auto repair experts at Advanced Computer Automotive are trained technicians who can perform brake line and hose repairs quickly and affordably, as well as all vehicles repairs regardless of type or make of vehicle. Our computer diagnostic equipment allows us to find the problem quickly and we only use OEM certified parts.
Southern California drivers depend on their vehicles as much or even more than in any other part of the country and many also depend on Advanced Computer Automotive to handle their car repair needs. Schedule your appointment online or call us at 562-421-1905.