Master Cylinder Repair Shops Long Beach
ACA Techicians Work on All Makes and Models
Schedule Service Now!
Throughout Southern California, vehicle owners rely on their cars, trucks, vans and SUVs on a daily basis. Driving conditions such as heavy traffic or stop and go driving put a lot of pressure on your vehicle’s engine and other components, even when you follow a scheduled maintenance routine.
When your automobile breaks down or is not performing properly, you need an auto repair shop that can handle all makes and models, foreign and domestic to make the necessary repairs, quickly, professionally and at a fair price.
You car’s brakes are one component of your vehicle that should be well maintained, invested in and understood. Having a quality, well-installed and reliable brake system is absolutely vital to the safety of yourself, your passengers and other drivers on the road. Do you have problem with your master cylinder? If so, the Advanced Computer Automotive staff is fully trained to handle any master cylinder repair and brake diagnosis needs. ACA technicians know every part of your brake system inside and out. Our full line of brakes and brake repair services is the reason we’re one of California’s brake service leaders.
The master cylinder converts the mechanical force from the brake pedal into hydraulic pressure. When the brake pedal is depressed, the master cylinder piston moves forward and pushes the brake fluid ahead of it. Since the brake lines and wheel cylinders are filled with brake fluid, the piston acts on a solid column of fluid.
Master cylinders are made of cast iron or aluminum and are mounted near or on the rear engine cowl (commonly referred to as the firewall) where it is typically easy to inspect and repair them. The effect of water and dirt is also minimized at this location. They are normally provided with plastic reservoirs for brake fluid to maintain the proper level of brake fluid in the brake system. Electronic sensors within most master cylinders monitor the level of the fluid in these reservoirs.
Typical master cylinder failure points:
- Cup seals and bore damage, due to neglected fluid maintenance schedules.
- Fluid contamination or incompatible brake fluid use-which causes seal and bore damage and could result in complete hydraulic system failure.
The Importance of Periodic Fluid Changes:
- Removes air from the lines that could cause a soft pedal (air is compressible while hydraulic fluid is not).
- Replaces the old moisture-contaminated brake fluid with fresh, clean fluid. After several years of service, brake fluid is often saturated with water. As the moisture content goes up, the fluid’s boiling temperature goes down. This increases the risk of fluid boil and causes loss of brake pedal under severe operating conditions.
- The brake fluid specified from the factory must be used (DOT 3, 4 or 5).
When you need a new master cylinder, Advanced Computer Automotive is ready to help. We will diagnose brake pad problems accurately the first time and fix brake pads to OEM standard.
The auto repair experts at Advanced Computer Automotive are trained technicians who can perform master cylinder repairs quickly and affordably, as well as all vehicles repairs regardless of type or make of vehicle. Our computer diagnostic equipment allows us to find the problem quickly and we only use OEM certified parts.
Southern California drivers depend on their vehicles as much or even more than in any other part of the country and many also depend on Advanced Computer Automotive to handle their car repair needs. Schedule your appointment online or call us at (562) 421-1905.